Arghyam is looking for innovative Projects/interventions in its theme/focus areas.
If you believe that your project idea falls within any of our thematic areas, then:
Arghyam provides Grants to organizations which ensure social, institutional, environmental, technological and financial sustainability through projects on the ground in the Grant Thematic Areas.
What we look for when we support projects:
The funds available will be optimally spread across small, medium and large projects across India.
Arghyam is interested in:
- Capacity building of communities to understand and respond to their local water and sanitation needs.
- Innovative projects that have potential for scale and scope for providing learnings.
- Projects that work with marginalised communities in rural and urban areas.
- Projects that demonstrate efficiency in cost per beneficiary, last mile reach, sustainability of outcome over time, institutionalization of successful efforts, etc.
- Projects which have the potential to leverage public funding.
- Critical gap-filling in larger, existing donor/Government Projects.
- From time to time, Arghyam also funds part of expenses for workshops/ Conferences, Training Programmes, Awareness Creation Campaigns etc. relevant to water and sanitation.
- We generally do not entertain grants for corpus or for solely covering administrative costs of an Organization.
Project Selection Process:
- Grant applicant fills in the Concept Note and emails it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively it can also be posted to us at our address.
- The applicant is informed of Arghyam’s interest within 3 weeks.
- A positive decision will require submission of a detailed proposal, in a template which will be shared with the applicant at that point.
- If required, a visit may be made to the Organization and/or Project location.
- All queries are addressed through dialogue.
- On approval of the Proposal by Arghyam Management, a draft MoU is prepared and sent to the Partner Organization for comments.
- After necessary, mutually agreed modifications, the MoU is signed between Arghyam and the Partner Organization.
Arghyam believes in transparency and accountability in all its transactions and expects its partners also to abide by these values. We do not necessarily endorse the viewpoints/ positions of all organizations that we support on issues external to the project.
We request grant applicants to note that while Arghyam welcomes all WatSan project ideas with a focus on our thematic areas of grant making, we may not be able to support all the Proposals that we receive.